By / 27th November, 2013 / On the Property, The Lodge / Off

The beginnings of this shed started some 800 years ago in the Upper Hunter before white man came in a growing Iron Bark tree.

This shed, the fence to the south and the heavy wooden furniture on the homestead veranda’s came from stables built in the 1840’s at the Uniting Church in Scone.

The stables were demolished by Peter, your Host, and Lyn’s farther Harry Harvey in 1995. Then moved to Strathearn Park Lodge.  They then utilised the skills of a Moonan Flats bushman to build the authentic Slab hut, the fence to the south and the heavy wooden furniture and coat racks on the front and back verandahs.

The woodsman told us that the reason he knew the original stables were built in the 1840’s was the straightness of the timber so it must have happened with the first wave of settlers.

Many weddings utilise the shed and adjacent old truck for photos.